Boy Scouts Requirements
Your son can be a Boy Scout if he has completed the fifth grade and be at least 10 years old, or is 11 years old, or has earned the Arrow of Light Award and at least 10 years old, but has not reached age 18.
How to Sign Up:
- Contact Council Service Center at (702) 736-4366.
- Our District Executive will provide to you a contact name of the leaders of the units in your area to contact and sign up.
- Complete the application and sign your name indicating approval (you can pick up an application at council office or download the application in English or Spanish from the resources page.
- Give the completed application and fees to the Scoutmaster of the unit you are joining.
- Secure a copy of the Boy Scout Handbook and complete the joining requirements as listed.
There is a misperception that your son can only join Scouts during the fall as school begins. This is not the case. You can join Scouts at anytime. In fact, you can do it right now, so why wait? Join today
Scouting is were many young boys discover their true calling. Through merit badges that interest them…there is a big difference between reading about “stuff” and doing “stuff.”