Congratulations on becoming a leader with the Boy Scouts of America. Whether you are Cub Scout Leader, A Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach or Venturing Adviser, you have a great opportunity in front of you. An opportunity to touch the lives of young people. Now that you are a leader there are some key things you need to do. See the checklist below.
In order to complete the online trainings you will need to create a MyScouting account.
- Complete Youth Protection Training online at my.scouting.org
- Complete an Adult Registration Form.
- The completed registration form must be signed by the unit committee chair and Chartered Organization Representative. Once its signed the application along with the Youth Protection Training certificate must be turned into the Las Vegas Area Council Office.
- Complete leader specific training for your position. Cubs can do this online at my.scouting.org. Other programs must attend a classroom style course. Training opportunities can be found here.
- Boy Scout and Varsity leaders must complete the Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills Training.
- Attend your Districts monthly Roundtable. To find dates and locations click on the districts tab above and choose your district. If you are unsure what district please see this District Map.
- Continue to seek out ideas from others and ask lots of questions.
- Once you have received your member ID number from the Scout Service Center you will need to add this number into your my.scouting.org profile.
Scouting Training Opportunities under the Training tab or online at: My.Scouting.org