Congratulations on becoming a leader with the Boy Scouts of America. Whether you are Cub Scout Leader, A Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach or Venturing Adviser, you have a great opportunity in front of you. An opportunity to touch the lives of young people. Now that you are a leader there are some key things you need to do. See the checklist below.
In order to complete the online trainings you will need to create a MyScouting account.
- Complete Youth Protection Training online at myscouting.org
- Complete an Adult Registration Form.
- The completed registration form must be signed by the unit committee chair and Chartered Organization Representative. Once its signed the application along with the Youth Protection Training certificate must be turned into the Las Vegas Area Council Office.
- Complete Fast Start Training for you position at myscouting.org.
- Complete This Is Scouting training at myscouting.org.
- Complete leader specific training for your position. Cubs can do this online at myscouting.org. Other programs must attend a classroom style course. Training opportunities can be found here.
- Boy Scout and Varsity leaders must complete the Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills Training.
- Attend your Districts monthly Roundtable. To find dates and locations click on the districts tab above and choose your district. If you are unsure what district please see this District Map.
- Continue to seek out ideas from others and ask lots of questions.
- Once you have recieved your member ID number from the Scout Service Center you will need to add this number into your myscouting.org profile.
Scouting Basic Training Opportunities at: MyScouting.org
Find descriptions of all of the course listed below by clicking here.