A simple, quick way to renew the charter for packs, troops, teams, crews and ships. Complete with error-checking and help!
Article Summary – Fall is the time of the year to prepare for internet recharter. With just a little preparation you will sail through the process.
Remember once you start the online rechartering process,
the ONLINE ADVANCEMENT is not available!
RECHARTER BUTTON IS ACTIVE OCTOBER 1ST!
Completed Charter Packets must be turned into the council office by November 2nd to be eligible for the Platinum Card!
The recharter system is supposed to be available from October 1, 2013 to February 28, 2014, 60 days before the charter expires and 60 days after the charter expires. You can use the Tutorial above to get familiar with the system at any time. Our system will let you into the program October 1st.
Before you start:
Check the FAQ Here to make sure your computer is compatible.
Your computer will need at a minimum :
- Windows XP any version. — You will need a Windows machine.
- Internet Explorer 6.0. or Internet Explorer 7. If you have Internet Explorer 8, 9, 19 or 11 installed, please make sure you are running in Compatability Mode.
- Google Chrone is not compatible with the Recharter software, unless you are in compatibility view.
- Dialup access using at least a 56K modem, or broadband access (cable, DSL, etc.)
- A printer
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Note: If you have any problems, try turning off pop-up and cookie blocking on your PC. Then try again.
Recharter Envelope will be provided for each unit, i.e. Pack, Troop, Team and Crew. The envelope has a colored sticker with your Internet Rechartering Access Code. Do Not Discard the Envelope. If you have not received your envelope, please contact your District Executive. This rechartering number changes every year and IS NOT your unit ID.
How it works:
- Select one person to take the process all the way through for your pack, troop, team, or crew. They become the “unit renewal processor”.
- That person goes to your district’s October Roundtable to pick up the recharter packet and attend the workshop.
- Collect current information about the members of your unit, both boy and adult. This can be from the unit’s copy of registrations, attendance records or you can print a review copy of the charter when you first enter the Rechartering process. This review charter can be used to update your information before you start. Please update the email addresses.
- You can get a current roster from Internet Advancement.
- IF you delete someone accidently, you will need a new application to add that person to the roster again. Be sure before you delete someone!
- When in rechartering, do not click on the submit button until you have completed the process. Once submitted, you can not go back and make changes.
Unit Renewal Processor Procedures:
- Online procedures: As indicated on the Recharter cover sheet, the applications required must be in the packet.
These completed applications needed may be for:
- New youth
- New adults
- Change of position or a removed adult that you have added back onto the charter.
- Use the new applications for youth and adults. This application shows the registration fee as $15. Do not use any other form for registration.
- Note: The adult form now requires a signature on the Disclosure/Authorization Form and a copy of their current Youth Protection Training in addition to the signatures on the application.
Remember do not change the legal name to a nickname. Do not overwrite an existing name with a new person in your unit.
- Enter the system by using the “Recharter Now” button. This Button will be live on November 1st!
- Log in with your access code and unit number
- Agree with the confidentiality statement.
- Enter your contact information. Select your own password and enter that twice.
- The system will lead you through the following steps
- Download the official Council roster
- Update the Council roster. Add new members, change data, etc. The system will check whether you have adults in all the required positions, and check other standards. Make sure to add new lines for new boys and delete lines for boys no longer in the unit. NOTE: If you remove a person and then decide to add them back onto the charter, YOU WILL NEED A NEW APPLICATION! Please double check and remove members only at the last minute before submitting your charter.
- Check Roster. You will get a page that will list
- Errors–these must be corrected
- Warnings–these should be corrected, if possible
- Summary. A final review of membership and fees. Changes may still be made.
- Submit Roster. This process will automatically send corrected roster to the Council. You will now need to print the Charter Renewal paperwork. That completes the online process. Print a copy for your records (a total of two copies)
After the online process is complete — Final Steps
- Obtain signatures on recharter paperwork
- Bottom of list of participants:
Unit contact person
- Front Page:
Executive Officer (leader of your chartering organization), District Executive, Unit Leader
- Turn in the paperwork by the Charter Due Date or before, along with
- Unit Fee — $40 to recharter per unit.
- Recharter fees — $15 per participant and $12 for Boy’s Life subscription.
- New youth applications – One for each new boy in the unit and for boys advancing from pack to troop, troop to team, etc. (Must use the legal given name on the applications – no nicknames).
- New adult applications with Completed Youth Protection Training certificate attached and Disclosure Form signed.
- Boy’s Life fees
Support and Turn-in
Support for online rechartering and rechartering turn-in is being handled by the individual districts. Please contact your District Executive for turn in process.