As a coordinator you will be responsible to involve the boys and leaders from your unit the Scouting For Food Drive. We ask that you stress the importance of wearing Scout uniforms during the project.
The Activity Is Simple
- After you sign up to participate (September-October) your unit will be assigned an area to collect food. Pick up your bags and check your area on the map at the Kick Off Meeting
- Attend the Kick Off Meeting on October 27, 2016, 6:30 p.m. at the Donald W. Reynolds Scouting Resource Center, 7220 S Paradise Road.
- Once your area is assigned, please drive the area to gain knowledge of its geographics and house counts.
- Enlist the involvement of as many boys and adults as possible.
- Distribute Scouting For Food bags, while in uniform, to homes in your area between November 14-18, 2016
- Return to your area in Scout Uniform to collect filled bags on Saturday, November 19, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. then take the collected food to one of the designated collection sites in your district.
- Log the hours worked on Scouting for Food into the Journey to Excellence system at www.scouting.org/scoutsource/awards/journeytoexcellence.aspx
You can also sign up to staff a Smith’s location on November 19, 2016. To see the locations available click here. 2016 Smiths Map