National Camp In
WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL CAMP-IN
Presented by the Boy Scouts of America
Streaming live on Facebook
May 2, 2020 beginning at 8am PDT
Whether in your backyard or in your living room, join families across the country live on Facebook for a day of fun virtual adventures.
From camp-style cooking and friendly competitions, to special guests and campfire singalongs, this virtual event will bring the best parts of Scouting to life!
This National Camp-In is free and open to all families – including families whose children are not currently in Scouting.
Tune in all day or jump in and out for particular activities. As the National Camp-In draws closer, check back for event times so you can plan your day, or provide your email in the form above and get the updates delivered to you!
Our schedule will include:
Camping tips and tricks
- Camping hacks from adventure pros
- Easy camp-style recipes you can make indoors or out
Physical Fitness and Community Service
- Virtual 5K benefiting Feeding America
- At-home exercises led by a 2021 Olympian
- STEM fun and a Q&A session with Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc.
- Moviemaking merit badge for all! Make your own movie outline and storyboard and get a behind-the-scenes virtual movie-set tour from Hollywood costume designer Jessica Pazdernik. Live Q&A with Jessica and Hollywood director Francis Lawrence. SPECIAL ADVANCE OPPORTUNITY: Scouts are invited to submit a story outline by April 26 for a chance to have a Hollywood pro turn it into a storyboard during the National Camp-In! Be sure to watch the instructional video in the submission form before sending your outline.
- Camp-In campsite competition. Build your camp-in campsite ahead of time or do it with us during the event.
- Hear from a NASA astronaut
- Skits and songs from Scouts across the country
Sign up for the National Good Turn Virtual 5K Hike benefitting Feeding America.
It’s all the best parts of a 5K – the outdoors, fitness, supporting an important cause, and even a fun race bib – with the benefit of social distance since we will each start the race from our own neighborhood block. We can’t wait to see your warm-up routines, finish line photos, and of course all the ways you’ll show off Scouting pride as you walk/run/hike through your neighborhood.