- Must be between 8-14 years of age.
- Camp must be attended June-August.
- Camperships will not cover the entire fee. Total amount will be based on family circumstances.
- Can be used for Day Camp, Webelos Resident Camp, and LVAC council sponsored Scout Camps.
- Must be a resident of Southern Nevada.
- Must complete a health form.
- Intended for low-income families or individuals who wouldn’t otherwise have the chance to attend camp.
- Must pay camp fees in advance and will be reimbursed when attendance is verified.
- Must complete the application form. Email Bryce.McCandless@scouting.org for the form.
Las Vegas Sun Camperships
Once again the Las Vegas Area Council is proud to partner with the Las Vegas Sun to provide Camperships to Scouts from Southern Nevada.
Every year since 1970, the Las Vegas Sun Camp Fund has made it possible for Southern Nevada’s kids to attend summer camp.
Thanks to the vision of Charlotte Hill, over those 40 plus years tens of thousands of children have experienced the joy of a summer filled with camping and canoeing, horseback riding and campfires – all the things we think of when we think Summer Camp!
For some kids, the idea of summer camp is just a dream and they spend their summers on the hot streets of Las Vegas. The Sun Camp Fund makes it possible for kids to receive “camperships” to attend summer camp and create memories that last a lifetime. With, perhaps, a bit of character building, learning teamwork and developing leadership qualities thrown in.