Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
- Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces Cub Scouts to the knowledge and skills they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Scout.
Cub Scouting offers camping opportunities for Cub Scouts through day camps, resident camps, Webelos den overnight campouts, council-organized family camps, and pack overnighters.
Check Out LVAC Sponsored Camps here
San Diego Imperial Council
Western LA County Council
(Excluding Emerald Bay)
California inland empire Council
These camps will give in-council pricing to Las Vegas Area Council units.
Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces Cub Scouts to and helps them develop outdoor skills at an age-appropriate level that will later be applied more thoroughly as a Scout.
Portable Outdoor Programming Exciting program venues that are easily transportable. Put some POP in your Cub outdoor programs.
Pack Overnight Form This site appraisal form is to be used by the local BSA council to evaluate pack overnight family camping locations. It should be kept on file in the council office for local unit reference and is periodically reviewed for accuracy.
Outdoor adventure is the promise made to boys and girls when they join Scouting. Young people yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.