Friends of Scouting
The Las Vegas Area Council serves over 19,700 youth members, providing values-based and character-building programs. Young people in Scouting learn skills, practice peer leadership, and build their character and confidence through year-round outdoor experiences.
The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides an opportunity for families and community members to support Scouting. Doing so helps support our many outdoor camping programs, programs for at-risk youth, and our many service programs that in turn support the greater community.
Many employers match their employees’ donations or recognize their volunteer service hours. Please visit your human resources department to see if they can double the impact of your gift to Scouting.
As a Friend of Scouting in the Las Vegas Area Council, your financial gift will be used to:
- Help over 19,700 youth enjoy Scouting.
- Help over 7,300 leaders continue to deliver a quality program.
- Help in the operation of our three scout camps and numerous day camps.
- Reach out into our communities and give Scouting opportunities to more youth.
- Conduct more training programs for our leaders.