*NOTE* Each Pack will have a minimum of two leaders. Larger packs should have a ratio of 1 adult for every 4 boys after 8 boys. There is no cost for accompanying unit leaders, unit den chiefs, and unit den walkers. Adults are responsible to supervise their Scouts and may be asked to help as needed at camp.
*NOTE* Staff are volunteers who have been recruited and trained prior to camp by the director. Each staff member is required to complete a staff registration.
Cub Scout Day Camp
If you’re ready for the adventure of a lifetime come join us at Day Camp in 2018. Details and information about each camp can be found below. Click on the registration buttons to register for your PASSPORT TO ADVENTURE!
Day Camp Info
- March 26-27 (SunHawk – 2275 E Tropicana Ave)
- April 13 – 14 (Silverado – 2701 E Pebble Rd)
- April 12 – 14 (North Star – 2555 N Jones Blvd)
- April 18 – 20 (Big Horn – 2555 N Jones Blvd)
- April 20 – 21 (Anasazi – Moapa)
- April 20-21 (Silverado – 2701 E Pebble Rd)
- May 19 (Big Horn – Kimball Scout Reservation)
- May 25-26 (SunHawk – 2295 N Walnut Rd)
- June 1-2 (Mohave – 610 Eastern Kingman)
- June 5-8 (Silverado – 9270 S Maryland Pkwy)
- June 12-15 (El Dorado – Veteran’s Memorial Park)
- June 29-30 (Mohave – Bullhead City)
- July 20-21 (Spring Mountain – Kimball Scout Reservation)
- July 30 – August 3 (El Dorado – O’Callahan Park)
- August 3-4 (Spring Mountain – Kimball Scout Reservation)
- October 12 (London Bridge – Lake Havasu)
What is Day Camp?
Cub day camp is organized by the council and is a one-to-five day program for Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. Day camp does not include overnight activities, but can be conducted during the morning, afternoon, and evening hours. Day camps are based on themes and include fun activities in nature, shooting sports, games, aquatics, and crafts. Day camp is lots of fun! Certification of the camp director and program director is provided through the National Camping School.
How long is day camp and which camp do I register for?
Registration for Cub Day Camp is completely online. Use the links above to register your Unit.
The Las Vegas Area Council offers several camps, offering similar programs, and varying in length. Day Camps do not include overnight camping. .
Participants are encouraged to attend Day Camps as Units. You are able to choose whichever camp you want to attend based on your schedule and location.
How can I participate as a parent?
Parents are needed to make every camp a big success! Enjoy the Day Camp with your Cub Scout. Unit leaders and parents will be asked to guide dens as leaders at camp.
What do I need completed prior to Day Camp?
All camp attendees and participants will:
- Youth participants all need to be registered members of the BSA.
- All youth and adults must complete a BSA Health and Medical Form Parts A & B.
- Identify the adult parents and leaders that will be attending Day Camp. The Guide to Safe Scouting requires Units attending camp to have a minimum of two registered adult leaders, or one registered leader and a participating Scout’s parent, or another adult for all trips and outings. Additionally, Units are required to have a ratio of one adult attend camp for every four boys attending. (E.G. 12 boys = 3 adults). There is no fee to come to camp for attending adults. Units are encouraged to have more adults than the minimum ratio requires.